FOUNDATION FOR ORGANIC AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT is a not for profit voluntary organization formed on 25th July 2004 and is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
|Name of the Society:
|Foundation For Organic & Rural Development (FORD)
|C-176, Nehru Colony, Dehradun-248001, Uttarakhand, India
|Registered Society under Societies Registration Act 21 of 1860
|UK 06008052020003834 (old 559/2004-2005) valid till 26th August 2024.
|Registration with Niti Ayog at NGO Darpan
|Punjab National Bank, A-160, Nehru Colony, Dehradun- 248001,Uttrakhand, India
A/C Number: 51882191030905
IFS Code: PUNB0518810
|Empanelment as Service Provider
|National Centre of Organic & Natural Farming of Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, GOI has empanelled FORD as a Service Provider for different states. Main responsibility is to act as a technology messenger and to advise farmers on package of practices, technology package, imparting training on preparation of on -farm organic inputs and educating farmers on do and don't in organic farming without having any conflict of interest that might hinder the work.
|Tie-up With IIM, Kashipur
|IIM, Kashipur has made tie up with FORD to train their MBA students under their Experiential Learning in Unlocking Rural Potential Programme, which is a graded component of 6 months duration.
|1. General Body: Comprising of all members of the society except honorary members.
2. Governing Body: Consisting of not less than seven nor more than eleven members of the society including office bearers.
|Secretary is the Executive Functionary of the Society
|Our Resource Persons
|Dr. B.P. Nautiyal:
M.Sc, PhD having more than 35 years of experience working in different positions with Central & State Govt. Institutions. Worked as DGM, NABARD, Director of Horticulture, Govt. of Uttarakhand, Dean in Chandra Singh Garhwali University of Horticulture & Forestry, Bharsar etc.Published a book title “Shilpi” on Uttarakhand art and craft
|Mrs. Geeta Gairola:
M.A. (Eco. Hist., Hindi), B.Ed. a women activist and social worker. Worked as a Distt. Project Coordinator in a World Bank Project known as DASP, Uttaranchal. Worked as a State Director of Mahila Samakhya, Uttarakhand. Having more than 30 years of experience in community development, organizing women into groups, providing income generating activities, generating awareness about health hygiene, against dowry, child marriages etc. having overseas exposure of Malaysia and Singapore.
|Secretary/ Chief Functionary
|Dr. R. K. Pant:
Ph.D. (FRI), M.Sc. (Bot), MSW, PGD (Seri). Undergone numerous trainings at various domestic & overseas institutes of repute like management training at IIM, Bangalore, training on World Bank’s Procurement Procedure at ASCI, Hyderabad, international training on organic farming at Aurangabad, quality silk production training at Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Nanjing, China, training on Germ Plasm Management at Asian Vegetables Research and Development Centre (AVRDC) Taiwan and Bangkok, Training on plant germ plasm management at International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT),Colombia (S. America) etc.Work Experience Having more than 36 years of experience in working with State, Central Govt., NGOs and World Bank Projects.
Retired as Deputy Secretary/Zonal Head from CSB, Min. Of Textiles, Govt. Of India.
Served as Technical Expert (Seri.) in a World Bank Project known as Diversified Agricultural Support Project (DASP), UP and as Technical Head in DASP, Uttarakahnd.
Authored a book titled “Organic Farming a tool for trainers” being used as a reference book by Agriculture Universities. Research work done at FRI is published by German Publisher LAP Lambert in the shape of a book and is available online on amazon.com titled “Growth Retardant for Foliage Improvement –by R K Pant” as a priced publication costs $89
Served as a Chief Paper setter & Examiner for Rajasthan Higher Secondary Board, Ajmer in 1996 (for XII class).
Attended World Hindi Conference at Mauritius in 2018.
Invited by SARC Chamber of Women Entrepreneurs for a presentation on “need for organic farming” during International Women’ day at Kathmandu in 2005.
Oriented Deans & Departmental Heads of different colleges of GBPUA&T, Pantnagar on international requirements for organic production in the year 2003. Servied as a resource person to SBI Training Centre, Ordinance Factory, Dehradun.
Served as an Expert Member in the National Standing Committee of CAPART and STEP of Govt. Of India to finalize projects on silk.
American Biographical Institute, Releigh, USA honoured for the best work done in community mobilization and agricultural diversification and included his profile in the ‘ Contemporary Who’s Who-2004”.
Project Executives of World Bank Project DASP, UK adjudged as the Best Officer of the PCU in a secret ballot that too for two consecutive years.
Having more than 40 years of experience in working for agriculture sector and organic farming in particular. Retired as Jt. Director from Uttarakhand Organic & Seed Certification Agency.
Trained by APEDA on the following subjects:
• Organic Agriculture Production Certification
• Inspection and certification of farm crops and handlings of Organic production (as per National and International Standers )
• Setup of an Organic Certification Body (as per ISO – Guide 65)
• Inspection and Certification of Livestock
(as per National Program on Organic Production – India NPOP).
Obtained training from IAOI/GROLINK
(Independent Organic Inspectors Association, USA ) on Techniques of inspection, certification of farm crops, Processed Products
(as per national and international Standers )
Served as Technical Consultant, Advisor and Associate and provided consultancy services on organic farming to :
Himmothan Society (a Tata Trust project), Dehradun.
Sanjeevani Organic Dehra dun.
Clover Organic Pvt. Ltd.
Bicert International Pvt. Ltd. Indor, MP
Provided expert services to three States of NE region and assisted Service Providers in developing organic agriculture production program as per National, International Organic Agriculture Standers under Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North eastern Regions (MOVCD – NER) scheme of INM Division, Ministry of Agriculture And Farmers’ Welfare, Govt. of INDIA.
Provided expert services to two States and assisted Service Providers in developing organic agriculture production program as per PGS – INDIA Standers under Parampragat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) scheme of INM Division, Ministry of Agriculture And Farmers’ Welfare, Govt. of INDIA.
Providing expert services to Service Providers in developing organic agriculture production program as per PKVY and PGS – INDIA Guidance under Shwachta Action Plan “Namami Gange” Clean Abhiyan of National Mission for Clean Ganga, Govt.of INDIA in Uttarakhand
Attended Organic Expos
Bio – fach- in Germany, Japan, USA and India.
Organic Institute Exposure- FiBIL – Switzerland
Attended Organic Expos organized by Govt. of India– in Delhi, Kerala. Karnataka, Maharashtra.
|Dr. Dhirendra Badoni:
MA in Geography & MA in Non Formal Education from HNB Garhwal University Srinagar Garhwal.
Attended various training progrmmme as detailed below:
• Community Action Plan and Monitoring from Uttarakhand Academy of Administration, Nainital
• Training in Participatory Rural Appraisal, Rapid Rural Appraisal, PLA and SARAR tools and techniques from Sahbhagi Sikshan Kedra, Lucnow
• Advance Techniques of farming, from IIM, Lucknow
• Hygiene, Environmental Sanitation Awareness Training from Uttarakhand Academy of Administration, Nainital
• Natural Resource Management including Watershed Development and Management from Siyaram Kutir Madhya Pradesh
• Child Rights and Advocacy from Jamia Milia Muslim University Delhi
• Catchment Protection and Development from Forest Research Institute Dehradun
• Water and Sanitation Management from Water and sanitation Institute Ranchi, Jharkhand
• Advance agricultural Techniques from G B Pant Agricultural University
• SHG formation, Strengthening and Linkages from Diversified Agriculture Support Program, Uttarakhand
• Organic Farming and Management from Diversified Agriculture Support Program, Uttarakhand
• Art and Artisans skill Development from NABARD, Dehradun
• Formation of women Federation for Livelihood Enhancement from Plan India
• Computer Knowledge: MS Word, Excel, Internet Zetking Institute Uttarkashi
• Community Based Eco Tourism from Plan India
1.Worked as Project Coordinator with Garhwal Vikas Kendra Support in Hans Foundation Program for Hans Jal Dhara project in Uttarakhand.
2. Worked as Project Coordinator with Institute Development support in Infrastructure Development Program For Tourism in Uttarakhand
3. Worked as Community and Communication Consultant with World Bank Assisted Project entitled Nir Nirmal in Jharkhand State
4. Worked as Team Leader with Sir Ratan Tata Supported Himmothan Pariyojna in SBMA, Tehri Garhwal
5.Worked as Community Development Specialist with Sir Ratan Tata Supported Himmothan Pariyojna in SBMA, Tehri Garhwal
6. Worked as Community Development Specialist with Plan International funded Garhwal Project in SBMA, Tehri Garhwal
7. Worked as Forester with World Bank funded Catchment Area Protection program in SBMA, Tehri Garhwal
8. Worked as Community Development Specialist with World Bank funded Uttarakhand Rural Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation project in SBMA, Tehri Garhwal
9. Worked as Community Facilitator with Art & Artisan Support Project supported by NABARD in SBMA, Tehri Garhwal
|Dr. Kamal Bahuguna
MSW, PhD in Environment Management, MBA in Disaster Management and having more than twenty years of experience in working for community development and also heading a NGO known as HIFEED as its Executive Director
Social Worker as well as running a school for students of economically weaker section of the society.